PhD thesis: Residual stress monitoring as the key for service life enhancement of railway running gears
What are we looking for:
• Academic degree (Master) in materials science, mechanical engineering, physics or similar
• Knowledge of the finite element method
• Programming skills (Python, Fortran)
• Scientific curiosity, team spirit, hands-on mentality
• Implementation of a nonlinear elastic law for describint the stress-dependent wave propagation using the finite element package ABAQUS/Explicit
• Simulation of the stress-dependent propagation of surface acoustic waves in test bars and wheelset axles
• Development of a method for inverse determination of the residual stress profile of wheelset axles from ultrasound measurements
• Design and accompaniment of laboratory experiments for validation of the simulation results
• Results presentation on scientific conferences
• Writing of articles for scientific journals
An employment with immediate start and a gross monthly salary of € 3.277,13 (fourteen times per year).
Please send your complete application documents by email.
We are looking forward to knowing you!